Through-the-Wall Wine Cellar Refrigeration Systems
Examples: WhisperXLT or Breezeaire W
- Lower cost for initial investment.
- Lower cost for installation.
- Licensed HVAC contractor not required for installation.
- All the cooling system’s components in one unit.
- Maximum temperature differential allowable for required venting is 25° for Breezeaire and 30° for Whisperkool.
- Cannot vent outdoors if the temperature will rise above 85°.
- Cannot be set cold enough to store white wines or champagne at serving temperature.
- The cooling units utilize a slow-reacting liquid measuring thermostat.
- Considered noisy compared to split systems.
- The entire assembly must be removed and returned to the factory for any repairs.
US Cellar Systems Split Cooling Units for Wine Cellars
- Separation of components reduces noise near wine cellar.
- Separation of components eliminates heat venting into living areas.
- Several coil sizes, shapes, and mounting possibilities available.
- Condensers can be installed indoors or outdoors without temperature differential concerns.
- Water Cooled Condensers available for locations with a water source or Geothermal technology.
- Condensers can be located up to 50′ from the fan coil with no additional preparations.
- The entire system can be serviced and repaired in place by most any HVAC technician.
- Many replacement components are available locally nationwide.
- Air temperature probe used with remote mounted programmable thermostat is more responsive to changing conditions.
- Unlimited technical assistance is readily available direct from US Cellar Systems.
- Greater initial investment and installation cost.
- An HVAC technician must install copper line sets.
>>>For more on Split wine cellar cooling units.